Top Tech Blogs to Follow
Are you a huge tech geek? Are you the person in your friend group who is always waiting for the latest piece of technology to drop so you can run to the store and buy it? Or, maybe you work in the technology field and you’re constantly trying to stay knowledgeable about industry trends?
If you’re obsessed with all things tech, then you need to make sure you’re following the right tech blogs. The top tech blogs will tell you about which products to buy, how to take care of your tech, and what’s going on in the world of technology.
What blogs should you be following?
Check out this guide to learn about the top tech blogs to follow.
- How to Geek
If you’re looking for practical advice on everything tech, How to Geek is the blog to follow. Whether you’re a novice looking to become a tech expert or you’re looking for a very specific answer to a tech-related issue, this is the blog for you. On this site, you’ll find articles on how to:
- Create and manage to-do lists on Whats app
- Customize your Safari start page
- Get all of your Amazon packages on the same day
- Set different time zones in Google Calendar
- Use linked text to update certain Word documents
- Play Jackbox games online with Zoom
- Choose which extensions appear on your Firebox toolbar
- Disable blood oxygen monitoring on your Apple Watch
- Kill zombie processes on Linux
As you can see, this website is packed with a lot of knowledge. In addition to how-to articles, How to Geek also showcases product reviews and provides its readers with general knowledge on all things nerdy.
- Tech Crunch
Tech Crunch is another blog that every tech geek needs to have bookmarked. Tech Crunch is definitely catered to a more tech-savvy crowd, but even if you’re just a beginner, there’s still a wealth of knowledge to be gained from this site.
Tech Crunch covers everything from review apps to product launches to how-to articles. They also have a big events section where you can learn about tech events and seminars in your area.
Tech Crunch also has an audio section on their blog which includes a podcast called Equity. With each episode of Equity, you’ll hear behind-the-scenes stories about the money that runs Silicon Valley.
They also have another podcast on the blog called Original, which dives into the world of streaming TV shows and movies. Their third blog, Mixtape, dives into the world of tech culture.
Chances are, you’ve already come across a Wired article when Googling something tech-related. Wired draws in the tech geeks and the average web reader, as the site covers a lot more than just technology.
It also covers current events, news, and business advice in a straight-forward, easy-to-read manner. While Wired may not be techy enough for the hardcore tech geeks, it’s a great place to start for those just getting their feet wet.
Some recent Wired articles include information about:
- How to find the best Black Friday deals on TVs
- Why you should stop sharing your passwords with your partner
- One man’s search for DNA data that could save his life
- How AI can run your work meetings
- What’s going on in the world of facial recognition software
- How a new study about color is helping decode the brain’s Pantone
As you can see, there’s a lot that you can learn from Wired. You can also listen to their podcast, Get Wired, through their blog. This podcast is all about how the future of technology is here. Each week, the podcast dives into new ways in which technology is changing our everyday lives.
Gizmodo is another great tech blog to check out. This blog is known for dispelling technology news and insights in a humorous and witty fashion. Here, you’ll find articles about:
- Virtual Santa Clause meet and greets that are happening via Zoom
- A hacker who is reportedly sells hundreds of Microsoft C-Suite email credentials for as little as $100
- How to block spam calls on Android and iPhone
- Seemingly ordinary fossils that could be hiding major clues to the past
- TV show cancellations, renewals, and reviews
- How to make the most of your iPhone camera
In addition to informative blog articles. Gizmodo also has an extensive review section that covers everything you need to know about the latest tech products.
ZDNet is considered to be the grandfather of all tech blogs. The blog was started on April 1, 1991, by tech expert Ziff Davis. Since its inception date, the blog has evolved into an enterprise IT-focused publication.
And, while it may be the grandfather of tech blogs, it does a great job of providing its readers with fresh and exciting content. The blog showcases a range of interesting articles that discuss things like:
- The best gifts for hackers
- The best Alexa devices for your home office
- A wireless power grid for the moon
- How you can get a STEM education from someone in outer space
ZDNet also has an extensive video section that accompanies a lot of their articles.
- MIT Technology Review
If you’re serious about improving your tech-related knowledge, then MIT Technology Review is a great blog to check out. As you may have guessed, this blog takes on a more serious tone, which means it’s great for those who are serious tech students and experts.
Whether you’re looking to learn about artificial intelligence, biotechnology, tech policy, or computing, the MIT Technology Review is a great blog to check out.
If their blog still leaves you wanting more, MIT also has a digital magazine that you can subscribe to and download as a PDF to enjoy at your leisure.
GigaOM is a blog that places a lot of emphasis on what’s new and what’s next in the world of technology. Whether you’re looking to learn about cloud infrastructure, artificial intelligence, or data security, this is a great technology blog to check out.
The blog features articles on topics such as:
- How to secure enterprise communications
- The future of unstructured data management
- Deployment considerations for robotic process automation
- How to enable the new generation of home workers
- The evolution of ML infrastructure
- Why data transformation is so hard
- How marketplaces are changing the way we do enterprise IT
In addition to informative blog articles, GigaOM also hosts regular, on-demand webinars. Some webinar topics they have covered in the past include:
- AI Governance: Concepts, Criteria, and Credibility
- High-Performance Cloud Data Warehouse Vendor Evaluation
- Behavioral Data: Sourcing it, Managing it and Reaping its Benefits
- High-Performance Application Security Testing
- Unified Analytics: Moving Past Data Storage Chauvinism
- Driving Customer-Centricity through Digital Agility
- Workplace Productivity and the Future of Work
GigaOM is also home to a number of interesting technology podcasts. One of their most popular podcasts, Voices in Innovation, features weekly conversations with tech experts about emerging tech trends and their analysis of the current tech industry. The website also features a number of research articles for those really looking to bone up on their tech knowledge.
- The Verge
Owned by Vox Media, The Verge is a great blog for learning about all the ways technology shapes our present and future lives. The great thing about The Verge is that it cuts through the technical jargon, producing easy-to-read content that’s accessible for a mainstream audience.
The Verge is also a multimedia platform, and it also has articles about entertainment, science, and other topics. The blog also has an extensive review section, covering everything from smartphones to headphones to tablets to laptops.
If you want to look at your options for your next laptop purchase, The Verge is a great blog to check out. Like many of the other blogs on this list, The Verge also has its own podcasts.
One of its most popular podcasts, Decoder, discusses the biggest innovators and gameplayers in the world of technology. Another popular podcast, the Vergecast, helps you make sense of this week’s tech news. Another podcast, Why’d You Push That Button?, discusses how tiny tech decisions impact our social lives.
The Top Tech Blogs: Time to Subscribe
Now that you know about the top tech blogs, it’s time for you to decide which ones you’re going to subscribe to. By keeping up with these blogs, you’ll quickly go from a tech novice to a tech expert in no time.
For more tech tips and news, be sure to check back in with our blog!