Study Guide for CBSE Class 9
CBSE Class 9 is a crucial stage in the life of a student, given the fact that they are one step away from one of the most important exams of their life in class 10. Moreover, everything that you learn in class 9 is the foundation for class 10, which makes the class 9 syllabus all the more significant. So, here is a brief guide to help you prepare better for class 9 CBSE exams.
Choosing the right books for CBSE Class 9
There is nothing too complicated in the syllabus of every subject for class 9 CBSE. So, for the preparations, if you complete the NCERT textbooks of each subject thoroughly, you would not need much else. Additionally, there is online material available in the form of videos and articles to help you in case you don’t understand a topic. All in all, NCERT books are enough for CBSE Class 9.
Setting a timetable for CBSE Class 9
Studying daily for seven hours would suffice for your preparations. But you will have to wisely use those seven hours without wasting a moment. Here’s giving you a basic study timetable for CBSE Class 9. You can maintain the structure and modify it at your convenience.
- Study all subjects (except mathematics) for one hour each daily
- Mathematics needs more practice, so give it two hours
- Give 1.5 hours to science. Depending on your requirements (such as homework) make time for biology, chemistry, and physics within this hour. You can either study two or all the scientific papers in a day based on your convenience and needs.
- Your social science papers (history, geography, and civics) would also need 1.5 hours.
- Study one literature subject (Sanskrit/Hindi or English) for an hour per day. For instance, if you study Hindi/Sanskrit for an hour on Monday, allocate the same time to English on Tuesday, and so on.
Remember to be flexible and change this timetable as per your needs, convenience, weaknesses, and strength. Also, don’t study for more than two hours at one go, and remember to take breaks. And in all this studying, don’t compromise your health. So, get at least seven hours of sleep and eat properly.
Additional tips for students of CBSE Class 9
- Complete your class 9 CBSE syllabus as early as you can.
- Don’t procrastinate at the beginning. You need to study meticulously for five to six hours daily right from the start.
- Try to solve questions (from the books and online) each time you complete a chapter.
- Theories are meant to be understood and not blindly memorized. It will help you in writing answers in your words because you will retain what you learned better.
- Solve sample papers after you are done with the entire syllabus.
- Remain confident and calm, and leave some time for your entertainment, too, it will help you come back to your studies with more energy.
And that’s all! Follow the guidelines given above and you will do a lot better in your exams. All the best!